Proper hydration plays a key role in our everyday life. If a person does not drink enough water one may feel sluggish and weary. Life itself becomes a poor and dull experience. Perennially tired, the body becomes unable to meet the physical demands of daily living.
Just to be safe, keep a healthy body water percentage of slightly above fifty percent.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have a few tips on how to build your water consumption:
– Carry a water bottle along when you are grinding away or running errands. It must be accessible throughout the day to ensure that you are able to maintain proper hydration.
– Keep a sufficient stock of water bottles in a cooler. Don’t forget to take one with you especially if you intend to be out for longer periods. Its cool temperature will be beneficial in balancing out a warm weather.
– Cut down intake of sugar-sweetened drinks. Choose water instead to avoid Type 2 diabetes and other related diseases. Remember that this healthy lifestyle change is a major factor in promoting weight management too. For instance, substituting water for one 20-ounce sugar-sweetened pop will spare you around 240 calories. This is close to the equivalent of running for two to three miles.
Proper hydration is vital to anyone regardless of age bracket. Even students, in the middle of a school day, ought to have access to clean drinking water so they have a healthier alternative other than colored sweetened drinks.
– Choose water when eating out. Why? This translates to a more economical lifestyle, plus you get to limit your calorie intake. This is a healthier and cheaper alternative.
– Add a wedge of lime or lemon to your water to add a tinge of flavor. Perhaps a little favorable taste shall motivate you to increase your water consumption.